Photo Yard Signs = Waste of Money!
OK, let’s make this simple. Putting your photo on a yard sign is a waste of money! Worse than a waste of money… it is a BAD use of your money.
Developments in digital printing in recent years have made full color printing of signs more reasonable, but it will still increase the cost of printing by 30% to 50%. Even if it was possible to get full-color signs with your photo for less than just your logo, it would be a BAD use of your campaign resources.
Here are the simple facts:
- Your face will not be on the ballot
- Your name will be on the ballot
- Every inch taken up by your photo makes your name smaller
- The size of letters on the sign play a direct relationship between how far from the sign it can be read and the impact the words will have.
- People will only see your signs for a few seconds at a time and there is no point in reducing the amount of time people have to process what they see.
There are very few good reasons to violate this rule: You were a star athlete in school and everyone will recognize you…NOT one of them. You were a leader of a Girl Scout Troup and everyone will recognize you…NOT one of them. You were the president of the Rotary Club and everyone will recognize you…NOT one of them.
You get the idea.
Want to know what makes an effective yard sign? In future Tips I will talk about that!